Responsibilities include participation in the entire software development lifecycle. This starts with the design work and goes through ‘level 3’ support. You will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of the services that support our portal.
- Spring and its many features
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Event Driven Architectures (EDA)
- Cloud platforms (E.G. Google, Azure or Amazon)
- Written and verbal communications
- Positive ‘people skills’ in a flexible work environment (remote workers)
- Analyzing and designing SOA solutions for business requirements
- Supporting and evolving our architectural roadmap
- Using and promoting engineering best practices, standards, and coding patterns
- Unit and integration testing (test plans, code coverage, performance)
- Working towards and supporting CI/CD
- Code reviews
- Code coverage
Important Technologies for Us
||Spring / Spring boot
Kardin produces budgeting software for the commercial real estate (CRE) market. In business for over 25 years, we grew from a desktop application written in MS Access to a cloud-based SaaS platform. As a smaller company, we value our team members and the role they play in creating a positive experience for our customers and associates.
Our Development Team
Since Covid struck, we have migrated our development team to a flexible workspace. Members of our team can work where they want to work so long as they are available for our core work hours. Due to the nature of our business, we are limited to work being performed in the United States of America.
We design our software to be resilient so that our team does not normally need to work after hours. There are occasions where something happens that needs to be done at night or on a weekend, but we try to avoid this. We believe your balance of personal and work life is important.
We develop using an Agile approach that has evolved to fit our business needs. Several years ago, we moved from ‘versioned’ releases just a couple of times a year to ‘feature’ releases when the feature is done. Although we are not at a CD/CI level yet, we are moving toward that.